CAMERA-READY AD GUIDELINES | camera ready pdf guidelines (185 KB)
Please forward to your graphic designer if you provide camera-ready art.
ELECTRONIC AD SUBMISSION – We recommend submitting electronic advertising
materials to On-The-Town. We accept advertising produced with Macintosh
applications including Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photo shop, Adobe
Pagemaker, and Adobe Acrobat portable document file format (PDF). Please contact
your Advertising Sales Executive at (616) 669-1366 to receive more information regarding
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING CAMERA-READY ADS:
• Serif and non-bold fonts under 10 point may disappear when placed reversed (white
type on black background).
• Do not reverse small type over colored images.
• Camera-ready and/or ads with 6 point type or less will not be credited due to legibility.
• Sharp, in-focus images reproduce better than “soft” focus photos.
• Transparencies, 35mm negatives, professional quality prints, or digital images should
be 200 dpi.
• Screened or printed halftone material generally reproduces poorly.
• Faxes or photocopied material should not be used as original material for scanning.
• Color ads submitted must be in CMYK format. RGB ads will NOT be accepted.
• All fonts used in ads, including EPS graphics, must be provided (this does not include
ads sent in PDF format if fonts have been properly embedded).
NOTE: For all ads, please do not use full-color black when creating font and graphic
When using a screen, please have the black overprint on the screen.
LINE SCREEN – 100 line screen. Include a hard copy of the ad, contact name and a
Indicate the type of computer, name of software, and version used.
Include all graphics in PDF or EPS file.
Black & white ads should be designed in grayscale. All black type should be in
AD PROOFS – It is the advertiser’s responsibility to review ad proofs for accuracy and to
call immediately with corrections.
ON-THE-TOWN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS NOT
CAUGHT BY THE ADVERTISER.
Proofs will be provided for ads requiring production work or
copy changes when requested.